Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Green Smoothie Experiment

On Friday, I hope to finally get a post up that I've been thinking about for several weeks. Don't expect greatness since its been so long in coming though! Rather its just longer than my normal post and we've had some serious busyness lately;)! What I want to talk about is related to health/fitness and weight loss. I love food, I love cooking, and I LOVE to eat. But I do not like the fact that I still need to lose pregnancy weight, (that I really shouldn't have gained in the first place). I also feel like some of my minor health concerns may be alleviated by eating and living in a different manner. I will talk more about all this on Friday, but something I knew I could do with limited time started immediately was to add a "green smoothie" to what I eat everyday.

At Happy Foody, she challenged readers to do this for a month, but I missed out on the challenge (and wasn't up for it at that point anyway). All this to say, I started yesterday with a smoothie that sounds gross, but really isn't so bad: banana/spinach. Still too soon to see much in the way of benefits, but I know I got all my servings of veggies fruit in for the day and I felt full and ate less overall yesterday! I am going to do a similar smoothie today (1 1/2 bananas-frozen, 2 handfulls of spinach, water and some cocoa powder) for a more dessert type drink. I have a whole list of different fruit veggie combos to try. I will report back on how they taste/make me feel as I have time. Anyone else done something similar? Thoughts?

2 comments:

Christie said...

I love my green smoothie! I started doing it shortly after William was born and I noticed a huge increase in energy!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I think I will try this. My kids will drink carrot and orange or carrot and apple together.