Thursday, December 15, 2011

Zoo and sick at home

The kids and I have been housebound for most of the week either due to illness or rain. I am ready to be healthy and for the rain to stop! Actually, I think we are at least on the upswing for sickness. Last night was the first night the kids weren't up multiple times coughing/crying/coughing in a LONG time. Louis got up only once to nurse, which is good for him (the little turkey!) Below is a new game we came up with in desperation for new play while stuck in the apartment. It is "zoo" and I told the girls to construct a zoo and houses for the animals (with foam blocks). They loved it! We've played "zoo" numerous times this week.

Even Louis digs it;)


Here's a sick Liv drinking her honey lemon drink. She has an especially hard time when sick-her typical night terrors take on epic proportions. One night I was up every 15 or so minutes calming her down until 1 or so in the morning. Needless to say I was super excited to get up only a couple times last night.

Below are some links I wanted to save.

Homemade Crayon Chunks

I've only been able to find a couple varieties of beans here...but if I find more I will be making this:
Gourmet Bean Soup
Our favorite cold weather "meal" here has become homemade soup (unlimited possibilities!) with a fresh loaf of bread from the boulangerie. Soup is generally cheap so the fresh whole grain bread with real butter is affordable in that context. And sooo good!

No comments: