Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year's Goals

These are going to be New Year's Resolutions "lite". There are things I want to improve on and do more of so I'd like to remind myself what they are:)  

1. Read through all the kids' books on our bookshelves...I think there are over a dozen I've never even cracked open with the kiddos! That's too bad, I really need to read more with them! One of the things we actually started and have continued is to read chapter books to the kids almost every night while they are in their beds. It's been amazing to see how much reading we can get done this way and if I am lucky they fall asleep while I am reading!

2. Continue our morning family devotions (we are on our second go through now...we started when Marianna was two!) but we're adding a reading through the Bible in a year plan for lunch and dinner reading. I really enjoy it so far, even though the kids have a hard time being quiet.

 3. Work toward incorporating more fermented, probiotic and soaked food into our diet. I really would like to make more drastic changes, but I don't think it would work right now. So...I'll work on the little things. We already have kefir in smoothies a couple times a week but I wanted to do more of that plus make saurkraut regularly (and other fermented veggies) since its been successful so far. I just have to figure out how to get everyone else to eat it! I've been doing all our baked goods pretty much with sourdough or soaked (and with grain free flours)this year so far and it seems to help Marianna and I some. If I do it right it tastes good too:) Well, that's all for now!

No comments: