Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast Menu

What a blessing to have so many choices and the resources to buy such a feast!

This year we were able to get everything we needed to have a traditional feast for very inexpensively. Our turkey was about $5, potatoes $0.88, stuffing was almost free and the pumpkins came from the garden. We'll be celebrating with our normal crew of 6 (my family plus my parents), my bro and sis-in-law, and my grandma. So we'll be feeding 9 this year plus a little one on the way:).

Here's our menu:

Breakfast:
Turkey sausage, Rhodes Cin Rolls, satsumas, scrambled eggs, possibly an apple coffee cake

Appetizers: Olive, pickle, and veggie tray, crackers, onion cheese dip

Main Meal:
Turkey, cooked in a bag (my cheat to make it faster and more foolproof).
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Stuffing in the crockpot (Stovetop...I don't like stuffing so I don't bother to make from scratch:)
Cranberry sauce (from can and scratch)
7 layer salad (grandma bringing)
Green Beans
Sweet Potato Casserole
Rolls (going to try to make yeast ones again!)
Homemade Applesauce

Dessert: pumpkin and apple pie, icecream (bro and sis-in-law bring). Possibly a pumpkin cream pie from my mom.

No comments: