Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu Plan for First week of Feb, 2010!

I will be cooking for 4 adults and one toddler for the next three weeks-I love it! I brought a ton of canned/dry goods over with me to offset the increased costs of living with my folks for the next bit and I plan to do most of our eating from the pantry.

My dad loves red meat so I have to have some of that in most meals so I am looking for deals there. Yesterday my dad and I swung by Safeway and found ground beef marked down for $1.50 for 3 lbs! $0.50/lb is amazing! So we bought two and left a dozen others for someone else (but those were marked $2.50 each for 3 lbs-still an amazing deal!)

Breakfasts:
cold cereal, pancakes, scrambled eggs with mix-ins, french toast, homemade donuts on Friday (for my birthday-anyone have a fool-proof homemade recipe?)

Lunches:Leftovers

Dinners:

Monday: Roast, acorn squash, carrots in the crockpot, bread & leftover salad

Tuesday: Leftovers, soup (parents at Bible study tonight)

Wednesday: Thai Peanut noodles with leftover roast on the side for dad, frozen broccoli

Thursday: Chili and Cornbread

Friday: Red Robin for my birthday (free birthday burger-yay!)

Saturday: Meatloaf from freezer, mac n cheese, peas

Sunday: Enchiladas, green beans

Visit Orgjunkie for more plans!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love thai peanut noodles. It wouldn't occur to me to serve roast with it, but I'm sure your meat loving dad will appreciate the sentiment!

The Keevy Family said...

I'm glad that you enjoy cooking for extra people...and Happy Early Birthday!!!

Jane

Sonshine said...

Great deal on the meat!

Looks like a yummy week! Can't beat a free burger from Red Robin(my favorite restaurant!)

As for a homemade recipe for donuts...try this one!!....http://stolenmomentscooking.com/homemade-donuts/ They are yummy and very easy to do! :)

Rachael said...

The donut recipe was great Sonshine, thanks!

Rachael said...

The donut recipe was great Sonshine, thanks!