Friday, June 27, 2008

Scary Moments in Mothering

Baby M was playing a few feet away from me in the nursery/office (we were in the same room). She's doing her usual "inspection" of the furniture legs, carpet etc. I look over (after maybe 1 minute of looking another direction and she is chewing. This happens quite frequently as she is always picking up microscopic pieces of lint/dirt off the floor and into the mouth. I still rush to her and start to fish the unknown object out. At first try I find nothing. I change positions because it is obvious that there is something there. Another try with her on my lap (and she is making a sour face at this point and I am getting nervous. I find a shard of glass in her cheek! It was several centimeters long in a triangle shape! I have no idea what it is from or where she could have found it hiding because we clean frequently and haven't broken anything in that room...so scary! Mere seconds of looking away while she was playing in a "safe" place and this happens! Its these moments when I have to remind myself that God is in control and that I must trust Him to protect my baby.

"Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord and Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: