Monday, November 24, 2008

Menu Plan for the short week of Nov. 24th, 2008



A few weeks ago I made this dish from Orgjunkie's favorite meals, and it was delicious! Its makeover greek spaghetti and is a delicious way to get lots of veggies in while still enjoying a creamy casserole-like dish. Warning: lots of chopping necessary! I was not prepared for the time output it chopping 5 or so different veggies, so dinner was late when I made this! This would be a great way to use up some of that leftover turkey next week.

Breakfasts: Leftover sourdough muffins (turned out a little dry, so we are taking a long time to use up!), french toast with homemade whole wheat bread, yogurt, cold cereal

Lunches: leftovers and fruit

Dinners:

Monday: Turkey, mashed sweet potatoes (pre-made from an Albertson's sale), fresh cranberries (but cooked of course!) and green beans (why turkey 3 days before thanksgiving...well my freezer is so full of free green giant veggies that I knew I couldn't fit the super cheap turkey in it! So we decided to eat it anyway, since we love turkey. We'll eat more at my parent's house on Thursday!:)

Tuesday: Salsa (Turkey) and Black Bean Soup-in the crockpot...this looks SO good!

Wednesday: Cowboy Beans & Rice or most likely homemade pizza
The rest of the week will be at my parents' house, eating lots of turkey and such! I will be bringing refridgerator rolls, a green vegetable and a dessert.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow that pizza looks good.