Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Lights at the park

Some quick good news before the most recent family pics: my migraine is virtually gone as of this morning!! and we squeezed into the last ultrasound spot before Christmas! Which means we may know our baby's gender next week! The midwife warned that doing it before 20 weeks may make it difficult to tell baby's gender, but we'll only be 1 week, 1 day short of 20 weeks at that point. And if this baby is anything like M, it will be fairly good-sized by this time already;) So excited to pick out names!!

I think the best part for me is that with M's pregnancy this was the turning point when Daniel really started to get excited and involved. I think its difficult for him to envision this as a real baby until he can put a name to it. And...oddly enough...its snowing!!




4 comments:

CC said...

Love the lights!!!!!! I have a bad feeling we won't be seeing too many outdoor lights this year......

D said...

My doc was just fine with me trying to schedule before Christmas, so don't worry too much. And w/ Melia, I was at a different clinic, and they normally scheduled anytime after 18 weeks, so we should both know what we are having next week!
:-)

Rachael said...

CC: Why not? That would be sad...

D: How exciting! Hoping for a boy for you and a girl for me:)But a boy for us would be okay too of course!

The Keevy Family said...

Ah! So exciting! My husband had the same reaction to the ultrasound with both of our kids. Now we are trying for our third and he is already so excited! I think it gets more exciting with each child! We are in Renton and are getting snow as well.