Monday, April 29, 2013

Menu Plan

The "I've got a sore throat and can't swallow" version...which means...nothing really.  Life and menu planning goes on:)

Breakfast:  felt cruddy this morning and was skyping with my parents on and off so Daniel made bacon (a treat!) and eggs (I made the now-everyday-occurrence green smoothies though).   We have eggs and smoothies most mornings and everyone but me has homemade granola with raw milk or yogurt a couple times a week for an easy alternative.

Dinners:

Monday:  Had Pakistani Kima (a version of it)...and 4 out of the 5 of us really liked it!  Louis and Liv had some seconds which is caaaaarraaazy because it was packed with veggies and spices

Tuesday:  Hamburgers and fries with homemade buns

Wednesday:  Taco Salad

Thursday: Orange Chicken, over rice or sauteed zucchini (me)

Friday:  Noodle Free Lasagne

Saturday:  Paleo Pad Thai...so excited to try this.  Love regular Pad Thai, and I think if the sauce is good I will love this (I actually enjoy veggie strips in place of noodles).

In other news...did you hear we are going to Senegal!?  It's true!  I'm going to be a little bit freer with my frugal nature and try to splurge some in the next three months before we leave.  Why?  I figure the "comfort" products of home will be 1. super expensive in Senegal 2. not available.  So...while we can we'll enjoy but I'm sure we will eat well in Africa too:)

What's on your menu this week?

No comments: