Friday, October 24, 2008

Saving even on healthy foods/useful stuff

One of the objections people often have for not using coupons is that coupons are only for "name brand items" which is often true, or that they cook from scratch. I thought the same thing until I realized that you can get name brand, relatively healthy food (with the occasional junk splurge for treats) at great discount when you combine sales, coupons and catalinas. Here is a picture of a recent trip to Fred Meyer, where I got fresh Spinach for $0.99/bag, turkey sausage for $1.50 each, and Smart Taste Pasta for $0.33/box. Not bad for healthy food we'll use!


Here is a recent trip to Walgreen's where I spent under $9 out of pocket, but recieved $15 in register rewards back! It was great for getting some items I really needed. The medicine was just a bonus. Anyone nearby need any cold medicine?:)
And for the grandma's who don't care about my deal pics, but really want grandbaby pics, here is M, drinking out of her straw-sippy.


No comments: