Friday, July 6, 2012

Menu Plan

My mom, Daniel and Marianna just left to take my mom to the airport...so sad! Its hard to believe how fast the 3 weeks flew by...it really did. Although it is always a challenge to fit so many people into a tiny place (at least by our standards...not so much in other countries I imagine) I love having people around me. Its really lonely with just me and the two little ones right now! Anyway, I have lots to get done so instead of feeling sad I will try to tick a few silly things off my list like menu planning! I got SO out of the habit of following a plan while mom was here, time to get back to it especially because we've been following a gluten free diet for Marianna for two weeks, minus a couple of slip ups for not being prepared on my part. She has digestive issues and it seems to be exacerbated by gluten, but I am not sure so I am very heavily leaning toward trying GAPS (have you heard of it?). Really my only reservation is the lack of availability of a lot of the products needed to carry it out here. I can do the bone broth, get lots of veggies, eggs. But things like lacto-fermentation all would have to be done by me and the time and equipment are lacking. Probiotics can be partially accomplished by heavy doses of kefir, but not entirely. So...I think we'll just start moving more that direction especially until I have 100% by in from the hubby. Well see! Saturday: Lentil and Rice Patties, dip, fries Sunday: Zucchini, Tomatoes and Beef stir-fry Monday: Chicken in the crockpot, baked potatoes, carrots Tuesday: Cauliflower pizza Wednesday: Taco Soup, cornbread Thursday: Chef Salad Friday: Burgers, Fries, raw veggies Saturday: ?

1 comment:

www.inspired-housewife.com said...

Hope you enjoy the recipes they are super yummy and sorry your mom went home! Amee