Saturday, April 6, 2013

Menu Plan

Continuing with the Paleo theme this week.  I've done less dairy but haven't quite figured out how to replace my milk in the morning coffee etc.  Coconut/almond milk are NOT the same!  Soy milk is not even close to an option either.  Oh well, baby steps:).  We had a few winners this week in terms of new recipes:  creamy cauliflower cheeseburger soup (using pureed cauliflower for the creaminess) was a hit and so were zucchini pizza boats.  All but Marianna loves those.  Super good "vehicle" for the delivery of the pizza flavors without dealing with the crust.  Yum!  I did get tired of the massive amounts of salad and meat that I felt like I was eating this week though.  Just being used to a lot of beans and other starchy foods and then replacing a lot of that with the above was a change.  I really love beans.  They (unfortunately) leave several of us with lots of stomach pain so I am trying to use them sparingly.  Sad day. 

Tried an awesome almond flour (paleo) cookie this week.  No sweetener besides bananas but almond butter is a bit naturally sweet to me and they were great. 

Hoping to try these honey muffins soon.  Overall the goal is to try just one or two "baked" things each week.  I LOVE to bake and eat baked things, but the habit of eating lots of that type of thing isn't great for me.  The kids are even getting more into it without knowing it..the last couple days they've been eating freshly shelled walnuts, sourdough crackers with raw cheese or fruit for "dessert" when they finish their food.  They haven't complained at all since those are things they like and don't get to have for snacks (we still limit to veggies and some fruits for 95% of snacktimes).  Cuz we're mean like that. 

Here are some things I want to make this week:

Roast Chicken (this is and will continue to be a weekly staple) & carrot parsnip puree

Beef Enchilada Rolls (love the idea of using cabbage leaves to roll stuff up in!)

Banana Raisin Muffins (my other baking project?) for snacks or with omelettes for dinner

Fried Rice (using cauliflower for my "rice" but normal for the rest of the crew)

Chicken Nuggets and Chick -fil- A sauce with sweet potato/regular fries and peas or raw veggies

Chili (leftover beans from tomorrows taco salad with friends over) but just meat, tomatoes, peppers, etc. for those who don't do well with beans. 

Paleo Pad Thai

Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash

What's on your menu this week?

No comments: