Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Garbanz...er chickpeas


Whatever they're called, I love them. Chickpeas are super versatile and a dieters best friend (in my humble opinion). Special thanks goes to Karen, my lovely MIL for inspiring me to get out the bean/lentil recipes once again. My two pregnancies have made me swear off things of that sort for awhile (just didn't sound good for a long time), so again, I am back to the Beans half of the "beans & rice" love:).

Here's what I am cooking today:

Roasted Chickpeas

Thanks to my friend Lenora for mentioning roasted chickpeas as a snack! I can hardly wait to try these!

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Fudge

Chickpea Peanut Butter Cinnamon Fudge sound really weird, but good in a weird way. And its in my oven right now. Back later with the results. The batter tasted good at least. That's gotta be a good sign. Edited to add: these turned out more like a cookie than fudge for me. And I cooked it too long. But they tasted good. I used apple juice in place of the sugar and water and they were mildly sweet. More like a healthy cookie than a dessert.

Broccoli Noodle Casserole
And finally I am making a noodle casserole. But here's the fun part: I am using a little cream soup, but mostly pureed chickpeas and squash for the base! It's all done up now and looks really good. No cheese! I rarely make a casserole without cheese-but it can't be a bad thing for my waistline to skip it this once! I will report back on this one.

Sadly no pictures. The thing about always moving around is that something always gets left in the wrong place-such as my camera.

Are you doing any "creative" cooking this week?

No comments: