Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home Renovation part 4: the kitchen/dining room

Before:

Notice how low the ceilings are above-very dark and closed in as well as the carpets and layers of previous wall coverings.

After:



The space now feels very open and bright. The cabinets are the same to save money but they were all removed and put back in a different configuration to make better use of space. A new (when I say new I mean new to this house!) stove, microwave, sink, (brand new:) counters, floors, walls, lighting, wiring...etc. etc. etc.! We lived in this room (literally-we've even slept in here!) for 6 months. Daniel did a great job and had lots of help from friends at church to finish this room.

1 comment:

cassandrasmom said...

What a pretty new kitchen! I love the new lighting. I was going to do something like that in our kitchen but we ran out of money so now new lighting is on hold for a little while. We found out during our remodeling that we have a very bad termite problem and need to replace a lot of wood. We are saving up to start that project. It's been so fun to see your home's changes and to see ideas I could use in my own house in the future.