Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan for the week of 1/11/09

I have a lovely 10# bag of potatoes to use this week that was $0.23 after double coupon overage! That plus using up the two bags of spinach and free salsa will help this week to be an almost no shopping week for me:)

Breakfasts:
cold cereal, buttermilk muffins, eggs, pancakes, fruit

Lunches:Leftovers, sandwiches when the leftovers are thin

Dinners:

Monday: Tuna Noodle & Zucchini Casserole (using frozen shredded zukes from this summer)

Tuesday: Bean & Cheese Enchiladas, green beans

Wednesday: Butter Chickpea Curry-just cooked a huge pot of chickpeas, so I am making this and probably walnut chocolate chip garbanzo cake:)

Thursday: Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes (meatloaf from freezer), broccoli

Friday: Nachos with bean dip, salsa, sour cream (need a deal on tortilla chips-any ideas?)

Saturday: Baked Spagetti, Italian Cheese Bread, green beans

Sunday: Spinach Rice & Cheese Casserole (to use the free spinach from FM!)

Visit Orgjunkie for more plans!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great menu! I love the spinach casserole - I've even added ground beef/turkey to it too. Yum!
I'm not sure you have an Aldi in your area, but I have found tortilla chips to be the cheapest there. The are .99 a bag in my area, and we absolutely love them. I can't bear to pay $3+ a bag anymore! And they are MUCH better than most store brand tortilla chips!

maygan said...

Will let you know if I see any deals on tortilla chips! Sounds like a great menu for the week!

Kim said...

Sounds good! What coupon did you use for the potatoes? That's a great price!