Thursday, June 3, 2010

Packing

Here I am finally down to the wire packing to leave JAARS. Our little home for the past almost 4 months will no longer be "home". So happy for the next steps yet realizing that each new "end" comes with some manner of grieving. I am not going to dwell on that now though...I need to make some lists! Here is what I am hoping to accomplish today (we are leaving tomorrow mid-afternoon).

#1 trial run on the checked baggage
#2 get dinner prepped
#3 clean out fridge and do preliminiary organization of cupboards (after #2 is done!)
#4 take another box of giveaways to "boutique"
#5 take final books to library
#6 write last few thankyous to people here
#7 sort and pack up our "office" and decide what Daniel will take, what I will take and what has to go

That should keep me busy for quite awhile!

3 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Are you going back to the North West? I'll be thinking of you.

Rachael said...

Hi AllyJo! Yes, we're heading back to WA after a week and a half in Indiana with my in-laws and one of our supporting churches. We'll be back here in NC in August for some more training though. How's beautiful Florida treating you?

Rachael said...

Hi AllyJo! Yes, we're heading back to WA after a week and a half in Indiana with my in-laws and one of our supporting churches. We'll be back here in NC in August for some more training though. How's beautiful Florida treating you?