Monday, November 23, 2009

Loves me some grocery bargains pre-thanksgiving 2009

These trips encompass about a week and a half. Sometimes I can't believe how dorky I can be with getting so exciting about good deals! But I guess its a better hobby than I COULD have-shopping without the "bargain" in front of it for example.

Anywayz....:)
Target and Fred Meyer.
Just under $30 for all. I admit it-I can't pass up certain deals! Canned fruit and veg is one of them-they seem to rarely go on sale that cheap. Other highlights-free wipes, $0.28 whole wheat pasta, $0.50 cottage cheese, free (after catalina) butter, $0.50 batteries, $0.66 Ritz crackers and flour for $1.39. A lot of reasonably healthy food for the money, so I was happy.

Rite Aid:
I had a Fall Savings gift card for $10 burning a hole in my pocket and a $4/$20 coupon. I bought some things we needed and some light bulbs that worked to be free after SCR and coupon. The address labels were stinking expensive, but we needed them for our newsletter (signed sealed and almost delivered today by the way!!) Total spent: just under $7

Last week I said I wouldn't have to spend anything this week because of my catalinas from Albies. Well that was partially true-at least applying to this trip.
Albertson's:
Total spent: 2.92 after catalina. Coffee can be a budget buster for us so I did the spend $20 get $5 back deal on coffee and then did the sara lee deal. 2 pies and 2 Breyers for less than $3 bucks? I can do that! Ragu was $0.38 after coupons and spinach was $0.75.

6 comments:

maygan said...

Great shopping! Looks like we just about all the same stores, hehe!

The Keevy Family said...

Great Deals!

How did you get the Target wipes for free? I had the $1/1 coupon that I used, but they were $1.55. Are they cheaper this week?
We had one of the Sara Lee pies for the first time a week ago when we had company here for dinner. I felt bad serving a boxed pie until we tasted it...it was so delicious!
Jane
Alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

Hi Jane, I bought toddler wipes (refill pack)and they were $0.97 a pack (were much more expensive at the Wenatchee target-not sure why?!) We are using a ton of these now since M is potty training:)

Rachael said...

Hi Jane, I bought toddler wipes (refill pack)and they were $0.97 a pack (were much more expensive at the Wenatchee target-not sure why?!) We are using a ton of these now since M is potty training:)

D said...

fun stuff ;-)
I know about feeling silly. But when people are asking you to help them get started, it feels less "dorky!" And what a great way to help others!

The Keevy Family said...

Rachael, I still have some of those coupons. I thought I would save some of them for a future trip when they might be less. Thanks for the heads up!
Jane