Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back from Camping by the "Lake"


Besides my 11 year old cousin getting bit on the head by a dog, our camping trip to Lake Wenatchee w/my family was uneventful. My cousin is fine by the way, after a short trip to the Leavenworth hospital.

We continued our annual tradition of trying to beat my dad at mini-golf and just as tradition dictates, he beat us all. Twice. The sad part was that we always say that the loser buys icecream afterwards, but we change it to the winner buys after he wins. This year the store was closed, so no icecream. I felt like it was justified pleasure in my battle of the bulge since I got more exercise this past weekend than I had the past two weeks combined! We had fun "hiking" on a forest rode to the top of a hill to a small beautiful cemetary and took Punker-Nootie on some walks (while she cried-the stinker!).

Other than that, it was the quietest we'd seen the campground on Memorial Day weekend in well, forever. Don't know if it was the rainy weather report or the gas prices, but we didn't mind. After a weekend of lots of exercise, but plenty of junk, we are back on our normal food routine. Here is our menu plan for the rest of the week.

Tuesday: Leftover turkey tetrazinni from the freezer w/homemade bread and salad

Wednesday: Grilled Cheese & Hamburger soup (didn't have this last week)

Thursday: Chef Salad with sourdough bread

Friday: Pizza night! And Salad.

Saturday: Tacos (I might attempt homemade tortillas!)

Sunday: Turkey Ham and Red potatoes and wax(ed?) beans

Lunches: Leftovers

Snacks: Fruit, PB granola or toast (we have a ton of bread from this weekend...my parents sent us home with leftovers)

Breakfasts: French Toast

1 comment:

Sweet Woodruff said...

My son and I have a tradition. He always beats me at Trouble. Since he was 4 years old, I've probably one 3 times.

Wish I could eat at your house. Without a family to cook for, I'm eating...nothing exciting.