Thursday, May 22, 2008

Can't figure it out: Fried Chicken

I love fried chicken. It was one of the few real cravings I had when expecting my daughter (who is trying to eat my shoe now...I'll be right back...)

Disaster averted. So I have a confession to make. I have no idea how to make great fried chicken. We rarely go out, but I almost forced my poor husband to pull over and buy me some finger-lickin' goodness several times when I was preggo. So I need your help to figure this one out. Do you have any recipes to share (the foolproof the better!)? And for those of you following the battle of the bulge series, yes I am still battling that bulge, but we eat more healthfully the majority of our meals. So share on, peeps!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I use this one:

Chicken recipe

Baking it to finish cooking it seems to be the hint to getting a crispy result at home.

The Chavez Family said...

My mom uses flour in a zip lock bag with salt, pepper, garlic powder...I think that is it and it always turns out delicious and is pretty foolproof. Good luck!

Vickie said...

There are as many good fried chicken recipes as there are good cooks. Go to foodnetwork.com and then go to Paula Deans and search out her Fried Chicken recipes.

Crystal DuBois said...

I second Vickie's reccommendation. This is the same one I use and it is AMAZING!!! (and a side note... the recipe calls for hot sauce..lots of it. I hate spicy, but honestly, you can't even taste it) Eat this recipe, and you will never want KFC again! ( good thing too..they are WAAAY overpriced!)

Brigitte said...

I have a Paula Deen cookbook and I use her fried chicken recipe..I didn't have peanut oil only shortening so I burned the first 3 legs (but I had 20)lol..so, that was ok and the rest was beautiful, crispy, and delicious..If you want the recipe, just let me know..
P.S. my mother swears her recipe in the oven is the best, so I can get you that one, too..