Sunday, August 2, 2009

Toothache and bad attitude

Hi..I'm still here but with a lack of awesome content to blog about. My temporary crown is giving me pain and headaches and stuff if I don't take massive doses of various painkillers during the day and on top of that I am struggling with a bad attitude. Unfortunately it's my own.

I can't understand (except for the fact that I am sinful!) why I am so mean, ungrateful, cranky, impatient with those I love the most sometimes. Do you ever get close to the point of being broken because of your own ugliness of heart/sin-but just not quite there yet? Something seems to hold me back from change and yet I feel like I want it so badly.

Blaming it on my circumstances or personality would be easier-but I know that's not it. Not sure why I am sharing this on the blog, but there it is. I guess it makes sense that this is coming up with us starting our Wycliffe training now and all. I wonder what's next?!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Satan never misses an opportunity to work on us. Yes, I've been where you are. It's good to share how you feel with others so we can pray for with you. Keep leaning on God - He does not ever leave you, even though sometimes we feel so far from Him that we wonder about that. 'Resist the devel, and he will flee from you.' (James - can't remember the exact verse off the top of my head.) I have at times felt like that when I have resisted for a bit that I've done enough and it should get easy again. That is my impatience, and it simply isn't always that immediate. In retrospect, I can always see that God's plan is better than my own. His will is always what is good for me. Accept all help offered, and try to take time to just consciously lean on God. You may not have the words to say, but you don't have to. We have a marvelous helper for that. It is important to remember that following God is a choice rather than an emotion.

You will be in my prayers. May God bless you with peace, comfort, and relief from that tooth!

Frugal Passions said...

Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
Things like this always seem to happen right before you get to do something great for the Lord. So, stay in the word and in prayer and I will be praying for you too.
I hope to see you tomorrow! YAY!

The Keevy Family said...

Rachael,
I read this last night on my way to bed and didn't have time to comment, but I wanted to take a minute to write you back.
First off, if you need any advice on that temporary, I can help. I used to work in the dental field before I did the mom thing.
Second off, YOU have been an incredible blessing to me by your writings on your blog! I love that you are so honest and candid. That allows others to learn along with you and it makes the gospel real. So many people just want to know that Christians are real people.
I think the comments above were right on, just keep leaning on the Lord and He will get you through! Since I often read your blog I have made some other observations on what is going on in your life: new baby, in between housing, time away from your husband, preparing for the mission field, traveling, moving, Major Home remodel with things not going as planned, and now a toothache! ....Could be quite possible that there is a little bit of stress! My goodness, I think I'd be a little crabby too!
Keep your head up to the Lord who is the creator of the Heavens and the Earth! He knows your needs.

Rachael said...

Thank you for the encouragement ladies. I really need/appreciate it:)

Jane, I just sent you an email:)