Sunday, November 9, 2008

November's Meal Plan (funded by Albie's sweet deals)


Since I had to use some of my precious monthly food budget early in order to take advantage of Albertson's buy $30/get $15 off your next order promo, I am trying to plan ahead for the rest of the months meals.

I have around 18 dinners to plan for to get us through the rest of the month. Here's what I came up with, the food from my Albie's sales will be bold.

1. Clam Chowder & Homemade Garlic Cheesy Biscuits

2. Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Tenders* and Baked Acorn Squash

3. Shepherd's Pie (with Mashed potato topping, mixed veg, ground beef and cheese)

4. Chicken Tetrazinni and Brussel Sprouts (all three of us love brussel sprouts!)

5. Sweet and Sour Chicken* over Rice w/ mixed frozen veggies

6. French Bread Pizza (the french bread was free after survey from Albies)

7. Cheese Enchilada Bake with broccoli and chocolate chip cookies for dessert! -I will need to make homemade tortillas because I didn't find any cheap ones-

8. Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

9. Sloppy Lentil Joe's (using Ragu for the sauce) and Home Fries

10. Macaroni Grill Linquini and Cheesy Broccoli on the side

11. Chicken* Parmesan and Brussel Sprouts

12. Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup (broth), Sweet Potatoes and Country Crock Sides Apples

13. Chicken Piccata over rice and sweet peas

14. Potato Topped Chili Loaf and Green Beans

15. Creamy Potato Soup and Corn Muffins

16. Hot Curry tuna Sandwiches and Lentil or Tomato Soup
17. Chicken* and Cheese Baked Pasta

18. Pizza with fresh veggies and dip

Looks like I should be able to get away with buying more chicken (*=Albertson's has a great sale on skinless boneless this week: $1.67/lb!) and some fresh veggies, milk and fruit and that's about it for the month! This is good because I am close to $130 already for the month:)


If you hit this sale, what's on your menu this month?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great menu! I thought Kroger was having a good sale, I wish they would have one like that!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blospot.com