Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bargain Meal of the Week for Safeway NW 2/25/09

Photobucket

Each week at $5 Dinners there is a huge gathering of bargain meals using ingredients at one particular store. Lots of stores are represented! I cover Safeway (the NW region)! Click on the menu items for a few recipe ideas.

This week's bargain meal:

London Broil
Baked Potatoes with real butter
Steamed Asparagus
2 liter soda-Pepsi products (freebie this week when you spend $10 at Safeway!)

Shopping List/Prices

Rancher's Reserve Beef London Broil $1.89/lb ~you will need 1 lb or 1/4 lb per person
Extra Large Russet Potatoes on sale for 2lbs/$1~ buy 4lbs or 4 potatoes $2
Asparagus 1 lb for $0.98
Lucerne Butter (on sale for $1 when you spend $10)~ 1 pat butter/each= $0.15
Pepsi (free when you spend $10!)

Total $5.02 (serves 4)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hi,
You were one of the winners of the Yoplait giveaway over at my blog. I emailed you, but I haven't heard back yet. You can contact me via my blog. Thanks! www.thebargainjargon.blogspot.com
Christy