Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Guess I knew it was my last shot...

Yesterday I had the urge to cook in bulk and use my last catalina coupons at Safeway. Good thing I did since it looks like I get to hang out in bed until baby comes! Here are the fruits of yesterday's labor-my shopping trip and then my cooking/baking efforts!

Here is my shopping trip-I used a ton of coupons including several that got me some free stuff! I was planning on just using the $22 in catalina coupons from the living well promo and calling it good, but I realized the $10/$50 coupon I got in the mail said nothing about the $50 being after coupons! So I quickly dug out as many coupons as possible to use with my catalina and brought my total down to $7 after coupons and catalinas! Not only that but I got $5 in catalinas back-from the marked down brownie packages and the yoplait yogurts (suprise-didn't know that promo was still on!)


The cashier looked a little annoyed until the end when my total went from $113 to $7! He said good job/nice trip several times:) I was excited to get some things we needed and not just items that had a sale and we already had a ton of it. Such as: brown rice, whole wheat flour, applesauce, lunchmeat (for easy lunches when I can't do much!). The yogurt, hotdogs, tortillaz chips, glade thingy, cheerios were all pretty much free after coupons/discounts! I also now have a $0.10 gas reward to use:)

My baking/cooking efforts:

I made a huge pot of turkey/hamburger/bean chili, 3 pans of turkey/beef meatballs (to make teriyaki meatballs over rice or over pasta), 5 hamburger patties, 1 pan of cornbread and 1 cornbread mix for later and one pan of brownies from the markdowns above.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome safeway trip!! And I am seriously impressed at how much you cooked considering how close you are!! Wow--I sure didn't have that much energy there at the end with either of my two pregnancies! Take it easy now and hopefully that baby will be coming any day now! P.S. Found out the Krispy Kreme is not for our area--bummer! I know you were excited about them!

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much you did today seeing that you are going to be in labor any day now. You had a great shopping trip and I am very impressed with all your baking and cooking. Good luck and god bless you, your family, and that little bundle of joy that will be making her appearence very very soon.

Heather said...

WOW, that is really asall I can say, you did an awesome job on the shopping trip.

Unknown said...

Good luck! I keep checking back to see if you have news. :-)

Sheila said...

I'm hoping your silence means that your new baby is here! I'm praying for all of you!