Like I've said so many times before, I love my crockpot! Next week I will be borrowing my mom's medium sized crockpot-and that will be my only heat source for cooking in our new house for a week (or two or three?). I am brainstorming ways I can make simple meals with very little prep with only a crockpot.
Breakfasts will be cold cereal or zucchini muffins from the freezer. Lunches will be various types of sandwiches (tuna, chicken salad, cheese or PB & J) with crackers, carrot sticks and fruit. Dinners are the tricky part. So I need your help if you have any to give! I will have little if any counter to chop things-so minimal prep is essential and my pantry full of normal staples will still be packed away for awhile. So I will be starting from scratch with my menus for the most part.
Here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Roast with potatoes and zucchini (all in the crockpot)
2. Use leftovers to make beef noodle soup (cut all up and add beef stock and noodles)
3. Make Salsa Chicken in the crockpot and use as a filling for tacos (will buy shredded cheese, sourcream and pre-cut lettuce at the store)
4. Crockpot Chili with a loaf of french bread from the store and leftover salad from the previous night
5. Crockpot Perfect baked potatoes with leftover chili, carrot sticks & ranch
That's as far as I've gotten. Any ideas for me?