Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Taking a break from the to-do list

I am overwhelmed with my own personal to-do list at the moment, so what better to do than post pictures on the blog?! Yes I am procrastinating, but just for a moment;)

Here is dinner cooking in the crockpot. A friend gave us baggies of leftover onions & mushrooms plus we still have tons of zucchini from my parents. So I added that,some leftover cooked moose-burger plus a jar of Ragu from the stockpile and pasta also from the stockpile (goes in last minute).

My "new" washer and dryer! The dryer is Kenmore and came from Habitat for Humanity for $50 and the washer is from a local garage sale (Whirlpool) for $50. Two loads and they've done a great job-yay!

Our stove-craigslist for $75! Not hooked up yet, but its in super nice condition (tip-buy used stuff from rich people who are remodeling:)

My "kitchen"-Daniel is modifying cabinets etc. this week, so I have the crockpot sitting on our sink (craigslist for $10!) which isn't hooked up yet. I just love the crockpot-its helped so much in not having to eat out even with no real kitchen yet. Its amazing how little inconvenience I feel relatively because of one little appliance (no I don't get kickbacks from the crockpot company-I wish!)

My BATHROOM cabinets-aren't they cute? Daniel got them at Habitat for Humanity also. Right now they are installed in the bathroom, but filled with food! My stockpile has been saving us lots of money and we still eat reasonably healthy most of the time:)

5 comments:

maygan said...

I didn't even realize that habitat for hummanity sold things, how neat! And the stove for $75- wow!! I could use a new one (the current one only has 2 burners and that drives me nuts sometimes.)

Rachael said...

There is one on 11th in Bremerton-you have to check back often if you want something that's in high demand, but we've gotten a ton of stuff there for our renovation.

Hey, maybe I finally have a tip again for Frugal Friday:)-thanks!

Rachael said...

There is one on 11th in Bremerton-you have to check back often if you want something that's in high demand, but we've gotten a ton of stuff there for our renovation.

Hey, maybe I finally have a tip again for Frugal Friday:)-thanks!

maygan said...

Thank you, I'll have to check that out!

kgregory said...

Looks like the kids are having a blast, soooo quiet around here. Hot tubbin not much fun, bakery was a drag but Ginger & Norm coming over Sat. to keep us company.