Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 8/17/09

Still eating from the pantry for the most part. I did go to the store to do the Kraft deal a second time because I knew I could get some things for free-some that we needed right away (the roast and crackers) and some that we'd use eventually. For some reason my total was much lower than I thought-which is always a good thing! I guess there was one more double coupon in the ad than I thought, but other than that I guess my math is just not that hot!

So...here's our menu for this week, plus a picture of last nights Albertson's run!

Dinners:

Monday: Crockpot Cauliflower and Cheese-am hoping this will be a little like mac n cheese in taste? Still looking for a recipe:)

Tuesday: Bacon and Moose Meat (from a friend's hunting trip) Hamburgers on the grill and whatever sides we can scrounge in their trailer--at my parent's campsite

Wed.: Steaks, Baked Potatoes and grilled corn at campsite again (our kitchen is pretty torn up this week for renovation)

Thurs: probably PB&J on the road to E.WA-we'll be traveling to get my tooth fixed and to talk to the missions committee at my parents' church

Friday: packed meal on the road from my parents' house

Saturday: Tuna Sandwiches and leftovers from the freezer (still a few individual freezer meals from when Daniel was here w/o the kiddos and I)

Sunday: Mac N Cheese in the crockpot(yes-the second cheesy recipe this week;), but we have a ton from the Kraft Deal:) with green beans on the side

Breakfasts: cold cereal & milk, PB toast, instant oatmeal ( no baking for me--yet)

Lunches/snacks: leftovers, fruit, cereal, crackers, granola bars

Here is my $0.20 trip to Albertson's last night (I spent $9 in catalinas and got $6 back)


Visit Menu Plan Monday here

2 comments:

Fernando said...

What is your recipe for mac and cheese in the crock pot? Sounds yummy! Chelsea

Rachael said...

Here is the link-read the reviews first because some people LOVE it and others thought it was terrible:) I am in the former category obviously;)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe.html