Saturday, July 25, 2009

Healthy, tasty and easy-my kind of food

Since I mentioned earlier I would talk a little bit about what I am eating to work on losing my baby weight-here's a little snapshot of two good meals.

For breakfast today I wanted to use up some fat free cottage cheese. I found out after I bought it that I don't like fat free cottage cheese at all-its not like fat free sour cream or yogurt that tastes okay compared to light in my opinion. So it has sat in our fridge for several days. I wanted pancakes but they are a no-no on core for the most part. Then I remembered that some pancake recipes for core blend in stuff like fat free cottage cheese to give them more staying power!

Here's the basic recipe

Throw all the following in the blender
4 eggs
1 cup oats
splenda to taste
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

I had to add more liquid to get them to blend but the blender here is lame. The second batch I made used banana chunks in place of a couple eggs and the splenda and it worked out okay. These were yummy and super filling. My toddler ate several.

For lunch I am having a little leftover whole grain pasta heated in a skillet with a whole diced zucchini, some onion, a little canola oil, a handful of cooked pinto beans, sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a tiny bit of parm. Also good and filling-very frugal too:)

No comments: