Friday, July 10, 2009

Quit Whining Already!

Yes, I have had a difficult few months in the physical and emotional sense with moving 4 times and having a difficult labor and delivery with our second child. But alright already, this article reminded me I need to quit whining! I really truly have a lot to be thankful for and things could be a whole lot worse. My husband has a job, we have a car and a roof (or several as we move from place to place:) over our heads. Plus plenty of food, great friends and family etc.

I needed this reminder after an incredibly trying day with my sweet toddler who wasn't so sweet. I lost my patience many times today and yelled at her. Convicted- oh yes I am.

Thanks to Amy's Humble Musings for the link.

2 comments:

D said...

Yes... but...
I totally agree with that article, but between friends we all need time to vent and let out our frustrations, otherwise they build up. So feel free to vent where it's safe- we understand, and we've all been there!
Love ya!
naye

Jennifer said...

True that. It's hard to count our blessings, sometimes, and so much easier to focus on what isn't as easy or comfortable as it used to be.

That said, if someone takes away my right to complain about certain things, like my toddler deciding that pooping in the toilet is a voluntary activity... or his presumption that it's okay to wake his parents up at 1 AM to ask for ice cream.... what will I have left to help me cope?!!