Monday, April 14, 2008

Menu Plan for the Week of 4/14-4/20/08

Lots of menu plans can be found here every week!

Monday: Whole Wheat (organic-from Trader Joes!) Pasta with homemade alfredo sauce and spinach cranberry/almond salad & homemade rolls

Tuesday: Crockpot BBQ Pork Roast (I didn't end up making this last week...I bought a bunch of ground beef on a very good sale and make 100+ meatballs instead!--we had sweet and sour meatballs over rice) with brown rice and mixed veggies

Wednesday: Chili and Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Thursday: Homemade BBQ Beef and Cheese Pizza

Friday: At my parents. Probably going to do a lot of take out since we'll be prepping for their massive garage sale madness.

Saturday: At my parents having the mother of all garage sales!

Sunday: Fellowship Group-Mexican! We'll be bringing Salsa, Brownies and ???

Lunches: Leftovers from the night before (each recipe usually makes 4-6 servings, so this makes plenty for lunch with only 2 of us eating real food at this time!)

Breakfasts: Banana Bread, oatmeal

Snacks: Cold Cereal (we get name brand cereal for $0.75/box or under--but we don't like it for breakfast!), grapes, carrot sticks,

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! I was planning on making meatballs this week as well, mostly for my little guy for finger food/good protein source, but I hadn't thought about making them Chinese . . . thanks for the inspiration!

Best,
Sarah

Sarah said...

Hi Rachael!

Just e-mail me at sarahsmusings@gmail.com and I'll send you the tortilla recipe and instructions . . . they were super yummy (I even had one for breakfast this morning with eggs! :)

The Chavez Family said...

Hi Rachael-how did you make your sweet and sour meatballs? Those sound soo yummy!!

Rachael said...

Hi Chelsea! I used a couple recipes from allrecipes.com, and they turned out really well. I will post the recipe links in a regular post when I have a chance. I don't know if there is an albertson's near you, but mine had cheap (although fatty) ground beef this week (thru today). 5lbs/$5. That's why I made like 100 meatballs! We like them over rice, or in meatball soup or over pasta with sauce. I've heard of meatball sandwiches too...although haven't tried that one;)

Here's the link to the sauce I made at least http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Sour-Sauce-I/Detail.aspx

;)

Anonymous said...

You have a great menu for the week! How's it going so far (Wednesday)?

What would you say is the easiest way to make meatballs -- on the stovetop or in the oven? What seasonings do you like to use for meatballs? How long do you cook them? As you can tell, I've been interested in making meatballs, but I haven't found a recipe that I like yet.

Thanks!

Allie
www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com