Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pizza Stone


Ever since the first time I tried making my favorite homemade pizza recipe on the hand-me-down pizza stone from our friends, I've been hooked! It always produced an evenly cooked tasty pizza (at least when I've followed the recipe correctly!:) My MIL has said they are great for baking cookies on too, but I have yet to remember to try this out. I am sure new pizza stones aren't cheap (ours is a pampered chef version), but its something to put on that garage sale list this time of year!

Kitchen Tip Tuesday is full of more great tips...get on over there!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love my pizza stone!! At the suggestion of my mom I have used mine for cookies as well as rolls, and have been very happy with the outcome!!

JoAnnC. said...

You can buy unglazed teracotta tiles at Home Depot in any size that work just as well as those expensive pizza stones! I have one that is the width of our oven and it just stays there (except for an occasional washing!) The tiles conduct heat evenly and you'll never get a burnt biscuit or cookie bottom again!

Sonshine said...

I love my Pampered Chef stoneware!!

I just got several pieces thru my local Craigslist all for $30. A past consultant was selling things that she didn't use and it was just laying around her house! :)

The stones are good for cookies, breads, rolls, or just about anything!

Laura said...

I use baking stones for almost everything. I LOVE them!! And yes...pizza is definately great on stones! My hubby found me a couple of REALLY nice ones (brand new) a couple years ago at a yard sale...for $2.00!!! He called me and told me about them and asked if he should get them... I was like, "YES!!! And hurry before someone else sees them and gets them first!!" I use them every day. Best two bucks we ever spent! :)

Lynn said...

I love my pampered chef pizza stone. I love it for cookies. I use is al the time.

Bloggin' Mama said...

I LOVE my baking stone. Pizza has never tasted better and cookies and breads/rolls turn out wonderfully as well! I've had mine for about 6 years (got it as a birthday present) and it's still going strong.