Monday, October 26, 2009

Almost 5 years for us!

Daniel and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary next month! It seems like just yesterday we were furiously planning our wedding (well-to be honest my mom did most of the work!!) in just under 2 months. It all came together and was beautiful. I hope to scan some of the pics by the big day to share with you all:)

Anyway just because its our anniversary doesn't mean we suddenly have gobs of extra $$ to celebrate with, but we are going to have fun without going into debt!

Here's what we're doing:

~Eating from the pantry this month to have extra cash to pay for a hotel

~Asked parents if they knew of local discounts for hotels etc. (and got one!)

~Free babysitting from the parents (thanks Mom & Dad)

~Using Restaurant.com for both our meals out

Visit Frugal Fridays at Life as a Mom!

Any other ideas for celebrating on the cheap?

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

Hi Rachel! I found your post from Money Saving Mom I believe. Actually I used to read your blog quite a bit but then I lost the link to it.

I know this must sound strange but my son is actually doing a Missions Report on Cameroon right now. When I saw that you were going to Cameroon I couldn't believe it. We are having a hard time finding info on missionaries in Cameroon. Could you please email me at clarksrun (at) gmail (dot) com? I would love to get some information on what you are planning on doing there. You would be featured in my son's project! :) If you don't have time I completely understand.

Kim said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing a great job on saving money! You and other local bloggers have inspired me to share my money saving tips too. Please check me out!
http://pugetsoundprudence.blogspot.com/
I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Mariah said...

Congratulations on 5 years! What day is your anniversary? I enjoy your posts. Thanks for sharing.

Mariah