Monday, October 12, 2009

Loves me some bargains (better late than never 10/11/09)

I went to Safeway for several tiny trips this past week (and because some of the deals were actually hot this week!). It works out great because its within walking distance-so I can load the girlies into the stroller/ergo and go! Getting groceries back home is a bit tricky though:)

Safeway had a deal where you buy 3 kleenex for $2.97 and get a $3 catalina back! I also bought some $0.57/lb broccoli and $0.88/lb oranges along with almost-free nature valley nut clusters (thanks cloud 9 couponing for the tip!). Later I went back and bought (not pictured) 3 more kleenex, 2 packs lunchmeat(on sale BOGO plus I used a BOGO coupon which made it almost free after manu coupon price limit), and yo-plus yogurt for $0.50 after shortcuts.com coupon and printable. And more oranges and apples. I spent under $10 for both trips and ended up with $6 in catalinas for next time I shop there.
And this...represents a small hiatus from my eating from the pantry month. Because as you can see...I did do some stocking up. Albertson's had a quaker deal that ended up making the huge canisters of oats $0.75 each after coupons/sales...but you had to buy 10 products. That's a rock bottom price I hadn't seen before so I broke my rule and bought some. The rest of the stuff are things we needed and were on a great sale/coupon price. I spent a little over $18 for all pictured below.
Visit Money Savng Mom and Grocery Cart Challenge to see more savings:)

No comments: