Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan for the week of Oct. 19, 2009

I successfully did the shopping I set out to do at Albertson's yesterday. Two things made my total a few dollars higher than I wanted, but overall we spent about $24 for groceries for the week. That's my highest trip this eating from the pantry month, so its going pretty well overall.

Here's what's on the menu using mostly the food bought yesterday at Albertson's.

Breakfasts:
Cheerio breakfast cookies, cold cereal, yogurt with granola/cereal toppings, scrambled eggs, squash spice bread.

Lunches:
Leftovers, lunch meat (need to use this up) sandwiches on homemade biscuits, apples, chex mix, cookies

Dinners:

Monday: Progresso beef veggie soup and homemade biscuits

Tuesday: Spinach Rice Casserole (on the menu for several weeks-but have improvised or had leftovers so this got bumped.

Wed: Peanut Butter Thai Noodles, zucchini

Thurs: Lentil Rice meal (also from last week)-we ate one lentil meal but haven't made the one from my MIL:)

Fri: Chicken in the crockpot with rice and carrots

Sat: Dinner-ing at a friends' house

Sun: Roast in the crockpot, Mashed potatoes, carrots and biscuits (I'm cooking for our fellowship group this time).

Visit Orgjunkie for more plans!

No comments: