Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baking up a storm

Last week we needed some reasonably healthy things for breakfast, but I wanted to use up some ingredients I had in abundance. The ingredients I had? Carrots and peanut butter. Nothing immediately came to mind that combined the two. I ended up making two separate recipes and they both turned out well: carrot coconut bread and three ingredient peanut butter cookies.




I read the comments on the peanut butter cookies and they all suggested a few additions (which of course made them into "more than 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies":)

Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup sugar (or more, but I would suggest trying it this way first)
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar

Cream all ingredients, drop by spoonfulls onto baking sheet and flatten with fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Yum!

Kitchen Tip Tuesday is hosted at Tammy's Recipes!


2 comments:

mub said...

I didn't know you could make cookies without flour (well, minus no-bakes)! I might need to give this a try =)

Kirstin said...

I have made these with just the egg, sugar and peanut butter. Oh my goodness. I didn't believe it at first, but now they're great for a great for something quick. I'll have to try it with the adiditions.