Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan for the week of 3/15/10

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Breakfasts: french toast, eggs and cinnamon rolls, cold cereal, fruit, whole grain toast

Lunches: sandwiches, leftovers, Yakisoba meals (free at HT after coupon!)

Dinners:

(we got a great deal on potatoes at Food Lion so they'll be on our menu lots this next two weeks:)

Monday: Turkey burgers, spicy home fries, carrots & ranch

Tuesday: Bean & Brown Rice tacos with homemade tortillas, homemade refried beans inside

Wednesday: Cabbage and Kielbasa Skillet over stir-fried potatoes

Thursday: Friday: Homemade pepperoni Pizza

Saturday: Lentil Meatloaf (thanks for the recipe MIL Karen!), mashed potatoes, mixed veg

Sunday: Italian Pasta Bake
(from the freezer), greeen beans, garlic butter rolls

Later on today or tomorrow I will post the shopping trip for this menu! Although I've been spending a bit more than back home, we've gotten a lot of healthy foods for our food dollar this past few weeks.

What's on your menu this week?

1 comment:

The Keevy Family said...

Looks like a great week! Have you made the tortillas before? I've made my own for a few years now and my family loves them. Be prepared to have them never want to go back to store bought ones! They do take a bit of time to roll out and brown in the skillet, so just give yourself plenty of time. My recipe is very similar to the one you have and they keep for a couple of days. I haven't tried freezing them, but I bet they are their best fresh.

Enjoy!

Jane