Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blender Oatmeal Waffles

This is a vegan recipe, as far as I can tell. I got it from vegweb.com. Our family is working toward more healthful eating, while still working within a budget and vegetarian meals are one of the way we can work towards that goal. This morning, I had a delicious, cheap, healthy, vegan breakfast that I wanted to share. I think this would be great topped with applesauce, but I ate them plain and they were delicious! More recipes and kitchen tips can be found here.

Blender Oatmeal Waffles (adapted from this recipe)
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups water (I did 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup almond milk)
2 Heaping TBS of whole wheat flour
1 ripe banana, sliced
1-2 TBS sugar or substitute
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Pour all ingredients into blender and puree until smooth. Pour in hot waffle iron (may need to lightly spray with oil) and cook according to waffle directions. Enjoy!
Makes approx. 4 servings.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Those sound really yummy!