Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reusable Muffin Cups


Muffins are a breakast favorite around our home. They are quick to mix up and are a versatile (especially if you follow the Tightwad Gazette formula!) way to use up leftover bits and pieces of fruits, nuts, grains and more. My only problem is that I am always running out of muffin cups! I haven't found a source that is cheaper than $1.00/package around here, except for those after holiday sales when I can occasionally find some marked down. A few weeks ago I made it to a local rummage sale and found reusable Crate & Barrel muffin cups for $3! I was a little skeptical about how they might work, but they are great! I haven't had to grease them and they are fairly easy to clean. They are made of silicone and don't even need to go into a muffin tin if you don't have one. I'll post a pic later after I get some batteries in my camera. Tammy's Recipes has some great kitchen tips this week along with excellent muffin recipes!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I have these, well not crate and barrels but some that I got at Micheal's Arts and Crafts. I love them. They work great. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Taft said...

thanks for the tip, that sounds great! I shall be on the lookout.

TheFiveDays said...

Great tip, thanks for sharing!!! It's nice to know they actually work!

Elizabeth said...

I have these and I LOVE them!!

Mom's Marbles said...

Oh awesome! I'll have to look into getting some of these.

Marlene McGarrity said...

Thanks for the top - I will look for them!

Jodi said...

I've wondered about those - thanks for the review!

Heart of Wisdom said...

I had wondered how these work.

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Niki Jolene said...

I saw the Wilton ones at the craft store and always wondered about them. I have faith in their baking ability (I love Silicon) but thought they might be a pain to clean.

Good to know people like them!

Now if only I could find a one of those handy 50 % off coupons....

:)

Jane said...

I wondered about these too. I think I need to make more muffin breakfasts. So easy to grab on my way to work.