Monday, February 9, 2009

Gettin' it in gear

Updated: here is my progress!

Yep, I officially sound like a hick. I guess I did sort of grow up in hick country, so maybe I am one. Must embrace the hick-ness:)

What I need to be "gettin' in gear" is my motivation for organization! Its a constant struggle for me. Last week I had several days where I was in sort of a cabin-feverish funk and didn't do much beyond the minimum. Today, I have much more in the way of motivation and am ready to tackle some small projects around the house.

Here are some pictures of what lays ahead of me and what I've already started:

Here are the baked potatoes in the crockpot, cooking away--ready to be topped with lots of goodies at dinnertime. Potatoes were $1.48 at Safeway this week so even topped with cheese, sourcream, beans, bacon bits, etc. and a side of green beans or broccoli, this meal will cost us less than $0.30/per person.


Here is the scary laundry room and my stockpile of laundry detergeants that I've gotten dirt cheap. If I run out someday, I am going to try to make my own.

Next up is my coupon pile and the newspapers I got yesterday-ready to be drained of their coupons.


And last of all...probably the most difficult area is my kitchen table/home-management area. I always let this get messy and unorganized and just need to clean, organize and find ways to make the system better. My brain is exhausted just thinking about tackling this area!
I am planning on posting pictures of my progress later today or tomorrow for motivation;)

Biblical Womanhood is hosting a Spring Cleaning for Normal People Challenge!

No comments: