Monday, February 2, 2009

Grocery Shopping for the first week of February, 2009

This week I went to Fred Meyer, Walgreen's and QFC. I don't normally shop at QFC (in the Kroger family)-but they had a stellar deal on ground beef and its on the way home from church.

QFC: I picked up the following for a little over $10:
3 lbs ground beef (which I made into lots of meatballs)
large carton cottage cheese markdown for $1.49
avocado $1
lunch meat (marked down from $3.99 to $0.99
a small pork roast marked down to $2.64
(I realized afterward it looked like I was doing Atkins or something from my high protein purchases!)

Fred Meyer: (total about $27)
carrots
onions
bananas
broccoli
cauliflower
2 Kraft Ranch dressings (sale for 2/$4 and I had $1/2 coupon
6 grapefruit
whole wheat flour
2 wheat thins (on sale for 3/$5 and I had a $2/2 coupon)
syrup
vinegar
margarine
organic salad greens (marked down to $1.49)
loaf 12 grain bread $0.79
whole wheat hotdog buns $0.49
3 2% Kraft Cheese (3/$5 plus I had coupons for $0.75 off each one)
Yo-plus yogurt (marked down to $1.50 plus I had a $1 off/1 coupon)


And finally, Walgreen's:
This is my sugar and tooth care purchase. I thought it looked pretty funny that I had a whole bunch of candy/pop AND and bunch of mouthwash/toothpaste. We're gonna need it:)

The candy bars were free thanks to coupons from my friend Marie, and the soda/listerine/colgate were all register rewards deals that I rolled. Total out of pocket was about $3.50 after a $10 RR from last week, and I received $8.50 in RR back.

Visit the Grocery Cart Challenge to see what everybody else bought this week!

2 comments:

Pug1 said...

Hello, I like your blog! great shopping! Cheers! Michele

Latte said...

Yumm chocolate! And when it's free, wow it's so much sweeter!

Faith