Monday, June 23, 2008

A Homemaking I Go





More pictures from our backyard with the recent SUN we've had! Today, sadly is not sunny. But even so, today is a sunny day because I get to start my new ministry as a stay at home mom! Daniel started his new job as well at the local airport working on airplanes. This will be a new challenge/adventure for him. We are so thankful that he was able to stay home with our daughter as long as he did, but we are both ready for the the role reversal.

One of my goals for this summer is to stay on top of housework and to begin to get organized! Neither Daniel or I are good at putting everything in its place when we finish with it, so things that don't have a defined place in our house end up in little piles on countertops or on the couch. I want to keep that to a minimum by deciding on places for most things and committing to putting them back! It will take awhile to get into this new habit, but I think it will benefit our family in the long run, especially as our family expands (Lord willing).

Here is my to-do list for the day:
1) wash and dry 2 loads of laundry-one colored load, one diaper load. Hand out on the line if the weather looks promising
2)make breakfast batter for tomorrow. I am going to try the Sue Gregg blender batter I have heard so much about.
3)start back into the baby scrapbook. I have a huge bag of odds and ends that belong in a scrap book. I need to tackle this before it gets more overwhelming!
4)go through old emails and delete irrelevant ones (Daniel's request)
5)pay bills/send out thankyou notes

We'll see how far I get on all this since my mom and aunt are coming to stay with us for a few days and I will be meeting them at the ferry in a few hours! What's on your to-do list today?

2 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

YAY for you! Glad you can make a go of it being a SAHM. I'm sure that will be a relief. Just wanted to let you know I had to laugh at your comment about not putting things away. I think you MAY be related to your mother. :) Don't let Kathy know I said that!!! We'll see if she reads your comments. Ha ha!!!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I hope you get a lot done. I remember those sweet days when my babies were little. It goes by so quickly. Spend lots of time smelling her sweet hair. I miss snuggling and smelling babies.

I'm sooooooooooo glad you get to stay home again. Yea! :)