Sunday, August 10, 2008

Menu Plan for the Week of August 11th, 2008



Breakfasts: Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread (its lowfat, low sugar too...I will post pics later), Buttermilk Oatmeal Whole Wheat Pancakes,


Lunches: Leftovers

Snacks: smoothies, homemade granola, melon, blueberries



Dinners:
Monday: Fried Rice and Green Beans (I have have this on the list for 2 weeks previously...I think I need to bump it to the first day so we actually make time for it!) w/homemade bread

Tuesday: Veggie Pot Pie with Whole Wheat Crust

Wednesday: Black Bean Burgers and Spicy Fries

Thursday: Homemade Mac N Cheese w/Green Peas

Friday: Whole Wheat Cheese(burger) Pizza Night! (our pretty much every Friday night tradition) with carrot sticks/dip


Saturday: Crockpot Chicken with Corn, Black Beans and Salsa w/ salad and homemade bread


Sunday: Black Eyed Peas with Corn Bread (may make Hoppin' John with cornbread)



Another picture of baby girl with food hanging out of her mouth! I know it looks like we shoved it in her mouth, but she kept wanting to taste the corncob, so we let her play with it and chew on it for almost 30 minutes! Since her attention span is even less than that typical 10 month old, this was a miracle;)


Visit Laura at Orgjunkie for more menu plan inspiration!

6 comments:

Tami said...

Ooo la la, new theme! Fun :)

I would love your whole wheat zucchini bread recipe- I'ma makin' some zucchini bread this week and would love to do the healthy version!

Gracias, chica!

Sharon said...

I love your menu!
I"ll have to bookmark your blog. :)
We try to incorporate several meatless meals, too, and I am always looking for more ideas. Thanks!

Btw, your little girl is just adorable!

vicvic said...

We're incorporating beans into our diet as well. Black-eyed peas will probably be next week!

I have to say, your pizza picture created an optical illusion for me. The way it's sitting on the stone, it makes it look like there are toppings on a giant puff of bread! I had to click on your pizza link before I figured out what was going on! LOL!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Oh, yum- your pancakes look delicious! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele :)

nellbe said...

Your menu looks very yummy, I love your blog design too. I think its great you put down breakfast and lunches too they look delish.

Have a great week.

Veggie said...

thanks for the veggie pot pie and black bean burger links, they look good.