Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pot Pie: Another way to use up leftovers

I made a recipe similar to this one (with whole wheat flour of course;) and filled it with lots of veggies, leftover rice and a basic white sauce. It is a delicious, simple way to use up leftovers. Since the crust should be made ahead anyway, this is a great way to get dinner done early in the day and not have to worry about it later!


It baked for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees and was perfect.


We served it with a garden salad for a complete meal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just the recipe I needed. I have a big bowl of leftover rice in my fridge that I wasn't sure what to do with. Looks like dinner is planned for tomorrow night now. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Brooke said...

i love pot pie! and even thought Mr. Right doesn't like his foods to touch - he loves it too! :)