Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Week In Beans: Day 4 (Beans on...Pizza???)


On Friday I ran out of time in the quest to have beans every day for a week. Or so I thought. Our normal Friday night tradition of homemade pizza is quick and easy, so I decided to scrap the beans and just do the pizza.

But all hope was not lost! A tupperware container of black beans and corn from a previous meal provided an unusual but good topping for our pizza! I used BBQ sauce for the base and it turned into a southwestern type pizza that we both enjoyed. It provided good leftovers for our lunch while hiking the next day!

Day 3 can be found here

Day 2 is here

Day 1 here:)

And because Chickpeas are the rockstar of all legumes (Isa said that in Vegan with a Vengeance and I agree!), here is her Chickpea Broccoli Casserole..yum!

What a starchy meal. We don't typically eat this many high-carb foods together, but I ran out of time and the potatoes were a leftover than needed to be used up.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Cool idea!
I love creative ways of getting more beans in! I might just have to see how this would work on my kiddies sometime!:-)
Your pic looks great!

Sweet Woodruff said...

chickpeas are my favorite. They remind me of Turkey. We used to eat them dried all the time.

I wanted to thank you for the CVS inspiration. We've been going once week and I credit you for lighting the fire.

Cali Angel said...

I've had it before ad it is good!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I'm afraid my picky husband wouldn't go for beans so much though. He's a "meat and taters" kinda guy. Pick picky! Maybe I will be able to sneak some beans into the menu for next week though. I love them!