Monday, January 5, 2009

BookWorm girl

When M "reads" now, she speaks in a very cute running gibberish. I suppose that's what she hears most of the time when I read! Unfortunately she still chews on all her books, so many of our books are chewed up and missing their binding or parts of pages. If I ever figure out how to convert our new camera's videos into an uploadable format, I will also post the cutest video of M reading her books.




One of the things I can't wait for is having my two girls in my lap or by my side and reading books. I think that will be an incredibly special time!

*Does anyone happen to have any children's book reccomendations for us? Any are great, but we are particularly looking for books that will help us to impart our faith to our children. *

2 comments:

Tara said...

We have the Little Golden Book "The Story of Jesus" My son loves to chew on that one, and for me to read it to him:-)

His Talmidat said...

Oh, I have a book eater too! We of course like to say she just deviours books.

I haven't found too many great books that impart faith for this age yet. So I'll be checking in to see what people say. But we have enjoyed The Rhyming Bible Storybook, Linda Sattgast. It is not book-eating proof, but my little girl loves the stories. And I am not a big fan of kids "bibles," for whatever reason. But like this one! "Uh, oh Jonah. You should have gone to Nineveh!"