Friday, January 16, 2009

Pictures from Gregory's

This post is dedicated to my parents, who are headed to Israel with a group from their church this Monday. They are understandably nervous about the political situation over there right now. Unfortunately, I am not very tactful and told my mom the following when she expressed concern about the trip and told me where their will and safety deposit box keys were hidden.

"Make sure you leave the junk under the house and in the garage to Jon (my brother)" and the really sensitive one (although serious...I always find myself doing this on plane rides!) "make sure to re-examine your salvation before you go!" Its good advice, but maybe not super-sensitive when talking to someone who is nervous about their safety.:)

Anyway, they sent us these cute pics from Christmas:


Punker-nootie and my fun bro

M torturing their cat (stalking it, really)

Grampa and Punker stalking the cat together

4 comments:

D said...

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but our friends have friends who are missionaries over there, and their perspective is significantly different. As is those of the speakers we've heard... It doesn't seem to matter the political climate, they are more concerned about traveling to the US than they are about residing there. So encourage your parents that they are traveling to the Beautiful Land, and God's eyes never waver!
:-)

Unknown said...

I don't have any words of advice, I have never traveled out of the country myself. But the word of advice about your salvation? Couldn't be better advice! :)
I really enjoy your blog, and I visit it every couple of days, even though I don't always leave a comment.
You inspired me to do something different with beans this week, and I came up with a homemade recipe for vegetarian refried beans. I have been trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals in our diet. Thanks for the inspiration with beans! :)
I would love to read more about your Wycliffe plans if you decide to write about that.

Sweet Woodruff said...

They will be ok, I pray. I hope they will be warm. It's a chilly time of year there. I went in November many years ago, during the rainy season and I was soooooooooooo wet and cold and miserable.

How are you feeling?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's fun to see someone torturing a cat for a change, instead of the other way around as in my case. My cat drives me to drink, but I still love him. :)

Hugs!

CC said...

Hugs to your parents and their big trip!