Friday, January 16, 2009

Half Homemade Baking Mix


During recent amazing Alberston's sales I picked up several containers of something I don't typically purchase: Bisquick. We prefer the taste of whole grains over white flour now, so Bisquick doesn't usually make it into my shopping cart.

On said Albertson's trip I needed a few more items with good coupons to do another transaction and make my "catalinas" roll further, so I picked up a few boxes. Well--now what to do with them? Besides giving a box away to my parents, I don't want them to go bad before I figure out something to do with them.

What to do? Make a half Bisquick, half homemade whole wheat baking mix! I did this with good success with a pancake mix already. A good recipe to use can be found here: The Master Mix.

The important part is to follow the directions for various baked goods found on the back of the Bisquick box.

For more of Frugal Friday, visit Biblical Womanhood.

No comments: