Friday, January 9, 2009

Goals for the New Year

At Biblical Womanhood and Money Saving Mom, they are discussing goals for the New Year, financial and otherwise. I had been thinking about personal and family goals for the new year (at least those that I can make headway on before the baby comes!) so I thought I would share them here.

Financial:

1. Get back to writing our monthly expenditures down. We have not had much success in keeping up with computer programs to track these, but I can use a simple spreadsheet or pen and paper!

2. Decide what to do with our savings. When we were planning on serving with New Tribes Mission, we had set aside school and living expenses for the year. Since we were accepted to Wycliffe Bible Translators (as a part of JAARS)!!! this week, we will need to decide how to allocate that money...whether it be in retirement or for helping to buy a place to live once on the mission field. (Wycliffe is set up differently than New Tribes in that we'll already be members receiving support when we head out to train with them next year).

Personal:

1. Finish re-reading the Old Testament. Read two "substantial" books a month, biographies or learning a new skill for example.

2. Dust off my workout dvds and use them for at least 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week (or a walk if the weather is ever nice:)

3. Begin writing notes to my husband in his lunch box, at least once a week. I used to do this almost every day, but got out of the habit when M was born.

Parenting:

1. Spend more time reading with our daughter, and be more intentional about what I read with her. We are still looking for more suggestions on good books for her-eductional or Christian oriented.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

good for you for committing your goals to bloggy land.

its hard for the hubs and i to write financial goals - he's straight commission sales so we don't know what our budget will be like.

Anna said...

Congratulations on your acceptance to Wycliffe. My husband and I are currently in language school studying French in preparation for missions.