Sunday, March 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday-planning with the sale fliers



In terms of menu planning, I use a combination of the sale flier/stockpiling method. I am not organized enough at this point to do a price book etc., but I do have a general idea of what a good price is for most of the items we buy frequently.

So if something that we will use (and I am very flexible on this point--as long as it is something neither of us hate, and we are not picky eaters at all), and it is a good price I buy more than enough for the near future, and if it is an exceptional deal, I will buy a lot. This happened recently with large containers of Quaker oatmeal. I bought (no joke) 9 of them. And we live in a 700 sq. ft. apt;)

Recently Albertson's had a great sale on a variety of products. All the products probably have something in common, but I sure don't know what that common denominator is! I ended up with 3 dozen eggs and 9 packages of frozen veggies, among other things. Because of this, we will eat more meals with lots of eggs in them in the next 2 weeks. I also consult my pantry and see what previous deals have held. I have a surplus of canned beans, canned tomatoes, and tomato soup right now from previous deals, so have been and will continue to incorporate those ingredients into meals we enjoy using the allrecipes ingredient search.

Our lovely, disorganized pantry;)

Without further ado, here are this week's meals:

Monday: Spinach, Bacon and Cheese Frittata (with leftover cheesy biscuits that I froze from last week)

Tuesday: Taco Soup with Fry Bread (from a mix)

Wednesday: Pasta with Carbonara Sauce (using the leftover bacon from Monday's dinner) with frozen mixed veggies

Thursday: Breakfasty type Burritos (I will scramble eggs, beans, canned tomatoes, onions and spices together and throw in homemade tortillas)

Friday: Homemade Easy Pizza with veggie sticks

Saturday: Bacon Macaroni Bake (use up the last of the bacon...s t r e t c h it) with peas

Sunday: Pork Roast with Rice A Roni or Pasta Roni, from last month's Safeway deal)

Visit Orgjunkie for more menu planning goodness!

2 comments:

kgregory said...

You can make those muffins for me anytime. Love the pic of punkernoogie in the purple sling.
gramiek.

Unknown said...

Bacon in a cassorole. That our son's favorite thing for me to do.