Thursday, March 6, 2008

60 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

Tammy's Recipes has more of Kitchen Tip Tuesday!
These are so good! Whenever I have the time to make these (usually on a Saturday morning) we eat them for breakfast and then we are lucky if they are still around for the next breakfast (there are only three of us eating real food here, and this recipe makes about 12!) So I guess that tells you we eat them for snacks;) These are less like what I think of as traditional cin. rolls, and more like caramel rolls or the like and take more like 65 minutes if you aren't totally proficient. This recipe comes courtesy of my lovely friend Wendy.

60 Minute Cinnamom Rolls

3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cup flour (I use part whole wheat)
3T sugar
1t. salt
2 packages yeast
1 cup milk
1/2 cup H2O
1/4 cup margarine

Filling:
2T butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2t. cinnamon

Topping:
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. nuts, chopped finely

Mix 1/2 c. flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Combine milk, H2O, and margarine and heat until very warm, but not hot. Gradually add warm liquid to dry ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 c. flour and beat 2 more minutes. Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto counter or board and knead for 5 minutes or so. Place in a greased bowl and turn dough. Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with topping ingredients (after mixed). Turn dough out on a floured board and roll into a 10x18 rectangle. Spread softened butter, then sprinkle cin/sugar mixture on top of butter. Roll dough lengthwise.
Should look like a long log at this point. Slice off approx. 18 1" slices. Put slices, sides touching, evenly over the mixture in the pan in 2 rows of 6 rolls.

Don't worry-these rise a lot!)
(Can be refridgerated at this point). Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Invert pan while rolls are still warm.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

CC said...

Oh my! I soooo wish I had this recipe yesterday as I was supposed to bring a "breakfast" item to work today and had nothing to bring! Looks great!!

CC said...

I made this recipe this weekend and loved it! Now I have a great solution to the "breakfast parties" we have at work from time to time! Thanks!!

SaraLynn said...

This looks yummy!

Jennifer said...

These looks so good. I can't believe you don't have to let the dough rise first, that is always so time consuming. I will be trying this soon.