Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan for the week of 3/31/08

Lots of menu plans can be found here every week!

Monday: Beans and Rice;) with salsa, avocado (I will puree some for baby) cheese and salsa.

Tuesday: Hot Dogs and Homefries (my husband doesn't mind hot dogs, but doesn't really enjoy them either, so I'll have this while he's still at youth camp)

Wednesday: Hubby's back from camp! Hamburger/Vegetable Soup with homemade bread (I finally got some cheap yeast...our Costco does carry it!! --yes I am a dork)

Thursday: Crock Pot Pork Roast with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies

Friday: Homemade Cheese Pizza

Saturday/Sunday: Might be out of town so I will leave the weekend open for now. If need be we'll have Tuna Helper, something we don't normally eat;)


Lunches: Leftovers from the night before (each recipe usually makes 4-6 servings, so this makes plenty for lunch with only 2 of us eating real food at this time!)

Breakfasts: This week I will be making special food since I am not working (on Spring Break...yeah!) We'll have cinammon rolls and possibly homemade doughnuts if I have the time. Healthy I know!

Snacks: Cold Cereal (we get name brand cereal for $0.75/box or under--but we don't like it for breakfast!), homemade hummus and carrots, homemade rolls w/honey, peanut butter or jam, homemade cinammon rolls, and fruit

2 comments:

Nicole said...

For your Monday meal, how exactly do you make it. do you mix the advacado and salsa in?

Rachael said...

That's all I do. I love the flavors together! For our usual beans & rice meals we just use salsa, sour cream and cheese on top, but since we are starting to incorporate avocados into our baby's diet, (and they were on sale finally!) I added that too.